Salary: Funded through MBS/ATAPS
Allied Health Practitioners (contractors)
We are seeking expressions of interest from Allied Health Practitioners including (clinical) psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists who are experienced in providing high quality evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25.
Independent private practice with flexibility of hours/days, including after-hours and the potential for weekend work. Services are delivered under the Medicare Better Outcomes for Mental Health Initiative and Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS).
Approved tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, occupational therapy and registration with appropriate professional body
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Eligibility to provide Medicare Benefits Schedule services
- Minimum of two years of experience in the assessment, diagnosis and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders
- Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their families and significant others
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Doctoral or Masters level qualifications
- Endorsement in Clinical Psychology
- Experience in provision of services under an early intervention/prevention framework for young people with emerging or recent onset mental disorders
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team comprising of our headspace access team, psychiatrists, mental health nurse and
general practitioners for case-conferencing, mutual support and seamless referral pathways.
- Registration as an Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) provider.
- Flexibility of hours/days including after-hours and the potential for weekend work.
- Consultation rooms with PC, printer, telephone and community resource materials.
- Scheduling of appointments for clients including SMS reminders and follow-up.
- Extensive clinical and administrative support from our Practice Manager, Clinical Services Manager and Reception Staff.
- Paid monthly peer consultation/professional development sessions with other allied health practitioners.