Your wellbeing is influenced by a whole range of things including physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, family and relationships, connections with community, cultural values and connections to place and maintaining spirit.
Feeling down, sad, tense, angry or anxious are all normal emotions, but when these feelings carry on for long periods of time, they can effect your overall functioning and wellbeing.
- Staying connected to your physical body by playing sports, music or dancing
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating good tucker
- Staying connected with family and friends who give you strength and support
- Reconnecting with country by going walkabout, hunting, fishing, swimming or surfing
- Remembering culture through local totems and stories. Spend time with local Elders to learn stories, go on country and learn art and crafts
- Taking time out for yourself to do things you enjoy like a hot bath, bush walk or drawing
- Making deadly choices and making good changes
- Set yourself goals
- Yarn with friends and family about what’s going on
If you have noticed a change in yourself or a friend, it can be helpful to yarn with someone