If you ever feel that you:
- are feeling down or stressed or can't stop worrying
- haven't felt like yourself for a long time
- can't deal with school, bullying, or are finding it difficult to concentrate
- want to cut down on your drinking or drug use
- want to talk about contraception, sexual health, sexuality, identity or relationships
- are having difficulties with friendships
headspace Kalgoorlie is a safe place where you can come to have a yarn about any of these issues. We provide early intervention services to young people aged 12 to 25. Our range of services includes:
- mental, physical and sexual health information and support
- drug and alcohol information
- education, training and employment assistance
- care coordination by our youth engagement team.
Don't forget you can just call us on 9021 5599 and make an appointment.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual Health Services
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Kalgoorlie
headspace Volunteer, Part-time/Sessional
Would you like to volunteer for headspace Kalgoorlie?
headspace Kalgoorlie are looking for general volunteers aged between 16 - 25.
We have a number of opportunities available including:
- Being a member of the Youth Advisory Group
- Heading out to Coolgardie, Kambalda and Kingsbury Park in partnership with the Hope Community Services Street Van
- Attending local community events like Boulder Market Day, Coolgardie Day, Mental Health Week celebrations and running activities like art-and-craft, sports and drumbeat.
Participants must possess, or be willing to apply for a Voiunteer Working With Children Check ($10.80), and Police Clearance dated within the last three months of applying.
If you would like more information from a headspace staff member please fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
For more information contact:
Name: Megan McKee
Phone: (08) 9021 5599
Home Work Group
Are you 12—25 years old and studying?
Would you like a safe place to study where you can get help with your homework/studies?
Why not join our headspace homework group!
We have FREE:
- Mentoring and Support
Raise Your Cards - Film Project
Raise Your Cards
Are you looking to raise awareness about mental health within the Goldfields Region?
Are you 12 - 25 and want to get involved in something creative? Then we have the project for you!
The Raise Your Cards - FRRR ABC - Heywire Project asks young people to tell their story and share their experience with mental health.
To complete our project we will be creating a film that allows young people to express themselves creatively.
We are calling for young people to express interest in the following roles:
- Movie Stars/Talent Extraordinaires: Anyone who would like to share their story creatively, through film, music, art, dance, the choice is yours!
- Film Crew: Anyone who would like some experience behind the scenes on a real film shoot - it could be camera, sound, editing, directing, costumes, hair+make-up, location scout!
- Helping Hands: Anyone who would like to be involved, it could be to do with organisation, event planning, marketing, all the behind-the-scenes jobs that allow a film shoot to run smoothly!
Young people who have a story to share, but don't want to be recognised are still able to apply, as all participants will be linked with a creative mentor to explore how they can best represent their experience on film.
If you would like to be a part of the project, please click on the link and fill in our FORM.
Find out more about getting your own Medicare card
Did you know you can get your own medicare card when you are over a certain age!!!
Don't know how?? To find out more check out these websites below
Our Care Coordination worker can help you fill out all the paperwork that is needed, we also have forms at reception you can fill out. Come into headspace Kalgoorlie to grab your copy today
Parking and getting to headspace by public transport
Parking and disability access is available via our car park.
The following link will take you to all the relevant timetables:-
Meet Our Staff
Meet Our Staff
- Goldfields Manager - Chelsea Hunter
- Clinical Manager - Kevin Hillebrand
- Youth Engagement Worker - Melanie Hayward
- Youth Engagement Worker - Tyrone Brownley
- Youth Engagement Worker - Keira Kimber
- Community Engagement Officer - Gareth Sunday
- Reception/Office Administrator - Donna Amato
- GP - Doctor - Jo Keen
- Registered Psychologist - Denise Blackwell
- ATAPS Counselor - Chris Mousely
headspace Kalgoorlie regularly attend community events and activities.
We can do presentations on a range of different topics and to a range of different audiences.
We will be in touch within three business days. If your request requires urgent attention please call us on 08 9021 5599 and asked for Gareth.
If you would like us to attend an event at your school, work place or community group please complete the following form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Youth Advisory Group
Would you like to join our Youth Advisory Group?
Are you aged between 14 - 25?
Do you have something to say about health, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, and education, training and employment support?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
headspace Kalgoorlie is providing young people with the opportunity to have a voice and play an active role in the youth mental health, and alcohol and other drug sector.
There are a number of roles you can play in the Kalgoorlie Youth Advisory Group, including:
- leading a project
- website consultation and development
- research and evaluation of headspace services
- consultation around advertising opportunities
- opportunity to develop youth programs for Kalgoorlie young people
By getting involved you will:
- have the opportunity to have your say about how headspace Kalgoorlie operates in the Goldfields
- develop new skills
- meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- make a difference!
Who can apply?
We would love you to apply if you have:
- had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious, or another mental health issue.
- you have had a family member who has/had a drug addiction.
- you feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues.
We would like to hear the voices of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, young people from different cultural backgrounds, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people, and young people who have been homeless.
If you would like to join, please complete our online application form. For more information contact Gareth at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 08 90215599, find us on facebook or drop in for a chat!
Parents and Carers Reference Group
Would you like to be part of our Parents and Carers Reference Group?
Are you the parent of a young person who comes to headspace Kalgoorlie?
Would you like to have your say about how headspace operates?
If so, the Parents and Carers Reference Group would be the perfect opportunity for you to share your experiences with the service, and help us to make headspace Kalgoorlie the best it can be!
This group meets on a quarterly basis and provides consultation and evaluation of headspace Kalgoorlie in terms of service delivery, processes and engagement in the community.
The next two meetings for 2015 are: 23rd September and 17th November from 6-7pm at headspace Kalgoorlie (level 1 - 48 Brookman Street).
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Kevin Hillebrand at email@example.com or 08 90215599.
Young Parents Support Group
Young Parents Group
Are you a young parent under the age of 25?
Would you like to get information and meet new people going through a similar experience?
If so, then our Young Parents Support Group might be the perfect place for you!
Meeting on a weekly basis, our Young Parents Group will provide a safe place for you and your little one to learn about different topics (as directed by you), meet new people, and make new friends.
Being a young parent can be tricky, and we want to let you know that you're not alone!
We will be providing light refreshments as well as a safe place for your little one to play.
Starting on Friday 12th February from 10.30 - 12.00 and continuing on a weekly basis.
Contact Mel on 08 9021 5599 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information!
Parents, Carers and Significant Others Support Group
Are you the parent or friend of a young person experiencing mental illness?
headspace Kalgoorlie are offering parents and carers a support group so they can meet new people, gain information and advice, and find support from experienced staff.
This group runs on the first Thursday of every month at headspace Kalgoorlie - level 1, 48 Brookman Street, Kalgoorlie.