Some of what headspace Launceston offers:
- Comprehensive health services for all youth aged between 12-25.
- Private and confidential service.
- No cost health practitioners - Private GP’s, Allied Health, DHHS Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Alcohol and Drug workers, Mental Health, Youth and yAsp (young Aboriginal support program) Community Workers
- A drop in intake service available 9-4pm Mon to Fri and Tues 12-4pm (Please note this service can take up to an hour to complete)
- Individual or group support and activities.
- BOOST Group (for low self-esteem and body image in young females).
- Access to telehealth services (which provides contact to a fully qualified psychiatrist)
- We accept and provide referrals - (CAMHS North, GP’s, Anglicare, Specialists etc)
- Respect, no matter the issue.
- No tolerance of racism, discrimination or homophobic behaviour.
- Advocacy of services delivered
- Access to school support in the event of a youth suicide
- Book a session with our LGBTIQ and Vocational workers
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Launceston is operated by Cornerstone Youth Services. All headspace centres are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Tasmania (Primary Health Tasmania).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual Health Services
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Fundraising & Donations
100% of donations go towards improving the mental health and well-being of young people in our local community.
How will your donation support young people in our community?
Our goal is to increase the number of young people seeking help early by:
- Improving the mental health literacy of young people and their supports
- Raise awareness about headspace Launceston and its range of services
- Mobilise local young people to take action to reduce the stigma associated with mental health
- Are you considering running a fundraising event for headspace Launceston?
If your school, club or workplace are interested in running a fundraising event for headspace Launceston then we would like to hear from you.
For more information and fundraising support please contact us on 03) 6335 3100 and ask for Alison Filgate or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the team!
Cornerstone Youth Services employs 36 professionals in full-time, part-time and casual roles supplying administrative, liaison and support services, along with clinicians who specialise in youth health covering mental, sexual and physical fields as well as motivational and vocational guidance.
Management and Operations Team:
CEO - David O'Sign
Kate Brennan - Clinical Services Manager
Alison Roberts - Operations Services Manager
Alison Filgate - Community Liaison Officer
Lynnette Kerrison - Finance and Business Manager -
Amanda Palmer - Support Worker
Jo Stirling - MDH Accounting
Claire Stucas - Youth Health Worker
Kim Gawne - Youth Health Worker
Kim Prunster - Receptionist
headspace Launceston Mental Health Team:
Susan McDonald-Davies - Allied Health Worker (OT)
Jo Cameron - Senior Mental Health Clinician (BSW)
Rae Ikin - Allied Health Worker (BSW AMHSW)
Danielle Jackson - Allied Health Worker (BSW, AMHSW)
Patsy McCue - Allied Health Worker (AMHSW)
Caroline Thain - Occupational Therapist
Jenny Pike - Allied Health Worker (OT)
Jayne Watson - Youth Support Worker
Fran Stewart - Psychologist
GP and Nurses Team:
Dr Sarah Shepherd
Dr Miriam Woodgate
Dr Beth Mulligan
Dr George Cerchez
Collaborative Partners Team:
Natalie Hay - yAsp
Emma Mou - yAsp
Talitha Hingston - AOD Worker
Fiona Armes - AOD Worker
Dominique Smith - #switchitround (in partnership with PHN)