Parramatta Mission is seeking a Youth and Family Participation Coordinator to join the existing headspace Community Development team. This position will be based across headspace Parramatta, Mount Druitt, Penrith and Castle Hill, and involves travel across Western Sydney
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country. headspace Parramatta, Mount Druitt, Penrith and Castle Hill bring together an integrated and collaborative team of co-located and affiliated services, working as a coordinated network under the same lead agency, Parramatta Mission. We aim to provide a one stop shop approach of services to young people aged between 12-25 years who are at risk of mental health and substance use issues across Western Sydney.
About The Role
This position is instrumental in developing, implementing and evaluating youth, and family and friend participation across the headspace Primary Care and Youth Early Psychosis platforms within headspace Parramatta, Mount Druitt, Penrith and Castle Hill. This role will coordinate YAC and FAFC meetings, integration, training, sub committees, activities and projects to build the capacity of headspace, Uniting Recovery to integrate youth and family/friends participation throughout the organisation and utilise it meaningfully and support youth and family/friends participation models in contribution to the headspace model and organisational processes.
Furthermore, this position will contribute to the development and implementation of an annual strategy to ensure meaningful and broadly inclusive youth participation and family and friends participation. The YFPC will support 40 Youth Advisory Committee members and 15 Family and Friends Advisory Committee member to the facilitation of activities and projects centred around community awareness and engagement, pathway and access development, quality improvement, and media and communications strategy.
- Demonstrated management or volunteer management experience
- A tertiary qualification in health promotion, social work, psychology, community development or related equivalent
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop, document, monitor and report on community awareness strategies and plans
- Sound knowledge of the mental health and community sector
- Sound knowledge of mental health promotion and messaging
- Experience in facilitating Community Development initiatives and projects
- Demonstrated ability to consult with a wide range of stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills and ability to relate to young people
- Ability to produce newsletters and health promotion resources
- Current driver's license
- Computer literacy in Windows Office programs
- Ability to travel across headspace centres
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. Successful appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Criminal History check and the candidate's provision of a valid Working With Children Check.
Parramatta Mission welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background and people with a lived experience of mental illness.
To apply for this position please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 12th September 2017.
Only applicants who address and meet the selection criteria will be contacted for interview.