Deadline: 01/01/2019 12:00am
Flexibility with hours and days worked
(min one clinic a week)
Join a National Organisation, work with a great team and make a real difference!
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four platforms for service delivery: mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drug services as well as assistance in education/vocational support.
Due to expansion of our services, headspace Western Sydney are currently seeking experienced part time General Practitioners to join our vibrant multidisciplinary youth health clinic (aged 12-25).
About the Role
We aim to provide young people with holistic primary health care and engagement with early intervention for those at risk of mental health issues. Our GPs work collaboratively alongside onsite Psychiatrists, Allied Health clinicians including Youth Access Team clinicians, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapist and an Exercise Physiologist, with an emphasis on diagnostic screening and cardio-metabolic health within primary care services and the Youth Early Psychosis Program. Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDfoSFdFos and hear from other headspace GPs from around Australia to see what it's like to work in a centre.
- Flexibility with hours and days worked
- Fully computerised facilities with full reception and administration support
- Regular peer support, education and professional development
- Vocational Registration
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience in working as General Practitioner in a community setting
- Ability to actively engage and work collaboratively with young people, their families and significant others
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of Young People, apply now!
If you require further information regarding this position or would like to apply, please contact Kellie Smith on 0409 425 661 email firstname.lastname@example.org